Grayson began attending a Montessori program in August. Last Thursday, we were watching an episode of Survivor and I pointed out the elephants that were on the show to Jamison and Grayson. Grayson responds, "Elephants live in Africa." Not sure I heard him right, I ask him to repeat what he just said and he again says that elephants live in Africa. I ask him what else he knows about Africa and he tells me that Africa is far away, across the ocean, and that you have to take an airplane to get there. I am very impressed by this point and I ask him if he knows any other continents. He spouts off Asia, Europe, North America and South America. Keep in mind that he just turned 3 in August! I asked him if he knew which continent we lived on and his reply was, "The yellow one." I guess North America is yellow on their map!
No comments:
Post a Comment